The Mayor serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the administrative branch of City government and holds the following responsibilities:
- Enforcing all laws and ordinances
- Exercising administrative supervision and control over all departments
- Preparing and submitting annual budgets to the City Council
- Keeping the Council fully advised of the City’s financial conditions and needs
- Recommending actions to the Council
- Hiring and terminating all employees of the city with the exception of the City Administrator and Chief of Police
- Appointing members to the following boards and committees:
About Mayor Evans
Mayor John Evans has been a resident of Prospect since 1975. He became the City Attorney in 1976 and was Mayor from 1981 to 1984. He has also served as Prospect City Clerk and Council Member. Mayor Evans was appointed to his current office in July, 2013, then elected in November 2014 and re-elected in November 2018.
The Mayor has an open door policy and welcomes feedback and recommendations from the community. Prior to the COVID-19 lockdown he met every Friday at noon at the Prospect Starbucks to hear from residents and looks forward to being able to do so again soon.
|John Evans||Mayor||(502) 228-1121|